Joseph (Joe) R. Rollins, Principal
CPA/PFS, CMA, CHFC, CLU, CFS, CEBS, CGMA
Joe Rollins is the founder and chief executive officer of Rollins Financial, Inc. and Rollins and Van Lear, P.C. His professional career spans over 40 years in an expansive array of corporate environments, with a concentration in taxation, asset management and sophisticated financial products including stocks, bonds, tax deferred annuities, mutual funds and life insurance.
Joe graduated with dual Bachelor of Science Degrees in Accounting and Finance from the University of Tennessee in 1971. He also holds dual Master Degrees from Georgia State University in Professional Accountancy and Taxation. Joe is a Certified Public Accountant who has furthered his financial planning knowledge by obtaining credentials in the Personal Financial Specialist, Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Financial Consultant, Chartered Life Underwriter, Certified Fund Specialist, Certified Employee Benefits Specialist, and Chartered Global Management Accountant programs.
Joe founded his certified public accounting firm, Rollins & Van Lear, P.C., in Atlanta, Georgia in 1981. It specializes in advanced accounting, tax, estate and financial matters. His investment advisory firm, Rollins Financial, Inc., was established in 1990 and advises a wide range of individuals, corporations, IRA and retirement plan investors. Joe is credited with developing Rollins Financial’s mission to serve clients’ asset management needs on a transparent, fee-only basis.
In October 2013, Joe was named by Atlanta Magazine as a FIVE STAR Wealth Manager in an independent survey scoring overall satisfaction of financial professionals. This marks the fourth year out of the last six years that Joe received this prestigious recognition.
Joe writes and speaks regularly on financial and tax issues, skills he perfected as a former professor at the J. Mack College of Business in the Graduate Taxation Program of the School of Accountancy at Georgia State University. He takes great pride in his ability to formulate, implement and monitor asset management strategies based upon thorough, thoughtful, and hands-on communications with his clients.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Master of Professional Accountancy, Georgia State University
- Master of Taxation, Georgia State University
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting and Finance, University of Tennessee
- Certified Public Accountant, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Admitted to the Registry of Financial Planning Practitioners
- Personal Financial Specialist, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Management Accountant, Institute of Management Accountants
- Chartered Global Management Accountant, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants